Monday, July 5, 2010

I Survived A Year in Finland

I survived a year in Finland despite:
living in a 3-bedroomed apartment with a 6-person family
sharing a room with my sisters
living without a car
being without a dishwasher
being without my American buddies
not having twizzlers
not having a clothes dryer
having a broken hair dryer
not being able to go to a library full of books in English
having to put layers and layers on to keep me alive in the -4F temperatures in the winter
living with my crazy family

I survived a year in Finland because:
I had Pihla
Jenni
Serina
Milla
Saku
Annu
Jyväskylä youth,
because of many hilarious conversations with Katie,
skyping with:
Hannah
Emilie
Kimmi
because for christmas I received packages from
Lexie,
Hannah,
and the young women of Athens,
because I had the gospel,
the scriptures,
the urge to try to better myself this year, and was helped by the examples of: the young women leaders of Jyväskylä, the young women of Jyväskylä, my friends at school, my español amigas
because I knew that at the end of the year, I would be able to go home, with new experiences, new friends made, and a better understanding of things that I needed to learn.


Thank you everyone for being supportive during this year, especially when I wasn't so willing to see the positives in this year. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Matilda... But I do have to add one thing, which I was positive would be at the end of this post.
    What you meant to say was:
    'I survived a year in Finland despite: ... living with my crazy family...

    I survived a year in Finland because: I had....
    MY CRAZY FAMILY!!!!!!'

    Don't ever forget that, Dearie!!! LOVE YOU!!!! '') <3 <3

    ReplyDelete