Thursday, June 14, 2012

Catching Up

Well, hello!
Things have been...ridiculous-ly awesome!

Wanna know what I've been up to?


First of all, my little munchkin sister turned the big 1-0. And she had an ice cream cake with a SPARKLER for a candle!! She absolutely LOVED it!! It was so cute!
And even though it was her birthday, our family spent the better part of the day working on our yard. But she was a great sport about it, and helped out. Because then there was a-partying to do!!
Okay, and then--PROM.
You know it!!



Abbie and Kimmi came over to my house to get ready. We watched BBC's Robin Hood--gaaah! So good! I'm pretty sure Abbie is hooked on it now! :)
Then we went uptown to meet with a group of friends to eat dinner--yum!

We went to prom, ate the food, danced a little jig, then Lexie, Kimmi, and I headed over to Walmart. Epic, right?!! YES!! We ran around the store, taking pictures, and then an employee came and told us that taking pictures there was a no-no, so we stopped...


One day at school, I was called to the office. (I knew what was going on because my friend had told me) When the note came to my class telling me to go to the office, my class was shocked, and my teacher was joking about how I was in big trouble. I pranced over to the office, and with a big smile on my face, said, "Good morning!!" The dean of students was just calling seniors to the office to remind them that pictures for the yearbook were due.
It was a great experience. So, two days before my pictures were due, I told my mom that we needed to get on that. We then took some pictures, I edited them, chose my favorite, and sent it in.
Boo-ya! Talk about getting things done!!
And then I sorted out some pictures to use as senior pictures, to send to family. And then, I proceeded to make a mind-blowing collage.
Here it is for your enjoyment.

And then, well you know, the school year just sort of trickled to an end, and that was pretty much it...
Oh, wait. There was a minor incident, nothing too big or important--what do they call it? Oh, yeah. GRADUATION!!!! WOOHOO!!!!



               BEHOLD!
                    I did it!!

And what is graduation day without a yard sale? :) 











Get this--my buddy Kimmi, and I were called to be sunbeam teachers!! 
Why they trust us with five-year-olds, I have no idea. 
But we get to teach them the gospel!! And I love it!! 


 


Now to the sad part of this post. :(

Some of the greatest families have/will move(d) away. 
See this cute fella. His family has left!
No more stopping by their house to rant about my problems to Emily, no more seeing Grant, Henry, or Sam. :( 


You know who else left?? The Plickas! 
Emily was my go-to for all my almost-adult problems; Joe was is the best creative writing teacher!! And Joey and Ruby are some of the most brilliant kids I have ever met, and showed me that siblings can be best friends!  

And soon the Petersons are leaving! I've only had Dallin in my sunbeam class for 2 weeks! :'(
Lauren was one of my first young women's leaders, and I've had the chance to babysit their awesome boys, and little Claire too! 

I'm going to miss these families SOO much!! But I wish you well, and I hope to see you soon! <3 



1 comment:

  1. I miss you too! And the miss their babysitter! But alas, we must all be on to new adventures. KIT.

    ReplyDelete