Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What Bring May Flowers? April Showers...of Snow?

On April Fool's Day, the DJ on the radio said that the day's high would be near 90 degrees, then dip down to freezing. Well, only six days later, that's what happens. On Sunday it was in the seventies, for yesterday and today they predicted a 50% chance of snow. Yesterday, it was almost funny. Snow? Really? Yes, it was hysterical. Of course that was before today. I went to lunch today, and through the glass wall, BOOM!! BLIZZARD!!! Being cozy and warm in the building, I gazed out the window almost the whole lunch period. =) When it was time to go home, through the cold, that's when I began worrying. Luckily, I was cold enough this morning to grab a scarf and my yellow jacket! 
Though the day ended in a fairly pleasant way, it certainly didn't begin that way. Care to read on? Okay. Warning: Read at your own expense.
It really all began last night when I tried to sleep. I went to bed at 9:30p.m. I didn't actually fall asleep until after 10p.m. This was because my 
mother and brother whispered excitedly to each other right outside my door. It can be useful sometimes, to be located next to the bathroom; to hear secrets, or somebody singing in the shower =), but at bedtime? I think not.
Early this morning, as I was tossing and turning, I woke to find light coming from under my door. It wasn't the most pleasant experience when I was half-asleep and brain-dead. 
The next event of my unhappy morning took place as we were supposed to be leaving. I found my pencil in my jacket. (How it got there, I'm not really sure...) But where was my eraser?? I scattered clothes everywhere, yet I still couldn't find it. On my way through the kitchen I grabbed the three erasers I could see (ask Lexi. She saw them). 
Well, it certainly wasn't my favorite morning, but I suppose it wasn't the worst, and I am positive there will be many more. 


(I did eventually find my eraser. It fell from my binder as I dug in my backpack before English.)










....Yes, Ohio has polar bears now....

No comments:

Post a Comment