Saturday, April 10, 2010

Point to Finland

When I last posted, the score stood at: America-176 , Finland-0
I am, of course happy--thrilled, in fact-- to report that since then, I have experienced the outside ice skating rink down the street. Point to Finland.
Over the past--has it been four months I've gone without posting?--well, in that time, we've celebrated several holidays, namely: New Year's, Valentine's Day, Kimmi's Birthday, Matilda's Birthday, April Fool's Day, General Conference Weekend, and Easter. :)
New Year's was spent at a Youth Conference, and that was an experience.
Valentine's Day, or "ystävänpäivä" (friend's day) was on a Sunday. Lovely!
Kimmi's Birthday-- happy birthday dearest kimmi!! You 16-year-old you!!
Matilda's Birthday:
This pic. is my favorite from my birthday!! The card is from my mummi (finnish grandmother), and I absolutely love it!! <3
April Fool's Day--...well, nothing really happened, except-haha! I did get merinda!!
-Merinda was staring at me with really wide eyes, and I told her, "Merinda, if you keep staring like that, the blood vessels in your eyes will explode, and your eyes will turn red." Then I proceeded to walk out of the kitchen. Merinda was terrified, and followed me. "REALLY?! But what about the people who do staring contests?!!!!?" hahaha.. oh, dear. That was good.
General Conference was wonderful! Just inspiring, and incredible! Loved it!
Easter--well, the second day of General Conference was on Easter, so we didn't have anything until 3. In the morning, we had an easter egg scavenger hunt. The kids (or, Jonathan, and Jusa) found the candy in the attic, in our suitcases.
One of the "easter foods" in finland is Mämmi. :) AH! How I love mämmi! It's hilarious since you ask other people, even Finns, and they'll tell you that they don't like it.
:) This picture was taken after I had been playing floorball, so I was all sweaty, and I decided to eat some mämmi, and my mom informed me that we didn't have any pictures of anyone eating the stuff, so I was the lucky guinea pig. :)

That pretty much brings you up to date on ...some things. :D
Next week is test week, and that will be a blast. ;)

1 comment:

  1. YaY Matilda! I'm so happy to read a post from you and to read about a few of your happenings. Keep them coming:)
    We still miss you guys here a lot and look forward to seeing you this summer!!

    ReplyDelete