Friday, July 17, 2009

Hannah's Final Finnish Photos

Greetings from Finland! Sorry I haven't been writing much, but in a house of six people, it's kind of hard to find a time when the computer is free. =)
So, these are the pictures that I haven't been able to put on my blog yet.


The beginning of the Finland adventure.

















Myrskykallio-- =)
It's sort of like the beach, if the beach were made out of boulders, and were on an island.



Hannah and I walked the grounds of the temple while my mom and her friend were in a session. The temple is beautiful!!






































Our new ward had a crepe party. The crepes were delicious, the weather was a bit rainy, and the bugs were all over us!!
So, Hannah and I had the crazy idea to cover our faces, but we only had our scarves...



When we finally arrived in Jyväskylä, we found a park a block or two away from the apartment. Mikaela named it the "train park", for obvious enough reasons.
Hannah left yesterday, the 17th.
Harry Potter came out yesterday. I haven't seen it yet.
My grandmother and aunt from the U.S. arrive in Finland today.
They come to Jyväskylä next Wednesday.
Today is karkkipäivä, or "candy day."
I haven't been to a bookstore yet.
I'm not sure why.
I have a library card! =)
Last summer, I read 14 books all the way through.
This summer, I have read one whole book, My Sister's Keeper.
I'm slipping.
I'm missing my home,
my friends,
my Kimmi,
my room,
the library,
the movie theater,
the church building,
and all my church friends.
The youth in this ward sort of keep to themselves,
so of course I feel great.

Hope you all are having a fantastic summer.
Missing you all,
Matilda








3 comments:

  1. Two comments:
    '...kind of hard get to the computer when it's free'... Think about that one, oh, you the gifted one. You might consider 'hard to find time when the computer is free' or 'it is not often that the computer is free', but then again, maybe you really wanted to say that when the computer is free, it's hard for you to get to it... '*).

    The second comment: so far the youth in Jyväskylä have seen you stick to Hannah's side and probably have not seen much need to come and 'butt in' to your little special 'american group'... It would only be fair for you to give them a chance now that you ARE alone and could use someone to be your friend.

    That's all... Except:
    I love you!!! '')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I'm into correcting, I might correct 'fair for you' to 'fair OF you' as well.

    Still love you though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures!!! they're so cute!^^
    and I miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete