Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Good News, Bad News

Hello!
Today was...Tuesday.
I had a bit of a rough time, followed by some very exciting news!!!

Let's start with the bad...
I had to drop a class today. Well, I didn't have to, but I knew that if I stayed in that class I would fail miserably. So, I texted my mom (during class--don't follow my bad example) and then went to study for an exam for an hour. I prayed the whole way from the building my dad works in to the building where my exam was. After my exam, I continued to ponder on my decision.
It was hard for me. Was I feeling guilty because Heavenly Father was telling me I needed to stay in the class, or was it because I don't like to quit--because quitting to me feels like failure.
I had to give myself a bit of a pep talk, that just because I would drop the class did not mean that I was failing. I would still be graduating, I had already been accepted to college, I had a chunk of credit hours so next year hopefully would be not so stressful.
I could do it.
And so I did.
I dropped that class.
And I felt a burden lift.



On to happier thoughts...
The GOOD news!!!
My spectacular friend Kimmi passed state boards!!!
She got her cosmetology license today!!
Do you understand what this means????
Now she can charge for her haircuts--LEGALLY. :)

(oh, she does more than haircuts...she can do your makeup, perhaps?... :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment