Friday, April 13, 2012

Swimming

The kids I babysit had these two fish a couple months ago. They adored the fish.
One night, after the kids had gone to bed, I kept company with these fish.
I watched them. And watched them. (which I probably wouldn't normally do, but I was exhausted, so it was okay)
These fish were so chill, just hanging out, and swimming around this tiny bowl.




As the school year comes to a close, all teachers are wrapping up the final days with projects, papers, and overwhelming assignments. I was talking to the kids' mom and she sympathized with me, saying sometimes we just have to get projects done, not because we are passionate about them, but to get to our end goal.
So, I will. I will get through these hard, stressful times...and when it feels mundane, pointless, and just too much, I will get down on my knees, pray to my Father in heaven.


Then I will get back up and....




Just keep swimming...

No comments:

Post a Comment